Pages

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

How art makes the difference...

Just went out to dinner with my girlfriends and shared my new blog with them.  I am really so excited about this exciting venture. 
Anyways, I wanted to follow up on my "wall decor" post and give you guys a few examples of images that truly depict how art really makes the room....


The muted pallete of the room is awakened by the beautiful abstract prints above the sofa.






Resting an extra large piece of artwork on the floor is a great design idea.  However, it must be large enough for it to look right.  This piece really give the room a beautiful focal point.  I love when art brings in lots of color to an otherwise muted template.

This piece of art could be one of my favorites.  Does anyone know anything about the artist?





Breaking any piece of art into multiple frames, especially photography, really creates a different visual experince.





Any photography by Slim Aarons is fascinating as his work truly brings you back to old world Hollywood.  I would love to have one of his prints in my home but can't justify spending so much on artwork right now.   I may purchase the coffee table book "Poolside with Slim Aarons" and frame some of the pictures from the book.


1 comment:

  1. the snake photos are awful. why anyone would hang them on their wall is beyond me

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you! Please let me know what you are thinking.....