Pages

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Pink

My tastes have changed so much over the years.  I used to LOVE french country and shabby chic interiors.  As a matter of fact, my first home was a small cape decorated totally Rachel Ashwell style.  My living room consisted of two sofas facing each other in front of a fire place.  The sofas were slipcovered in three different fabrics; a floral, a stripe and a pique.  The coffee table was distressed wood and the rug was sisal bordered in red.


I was able to find this picture of my oldest son when he was only a few weeks old sleeping on this mushy couch.  (See him in the upper left hand corner?)  Cannot believe he is  6 1/2 years old now!


Now, I am the complete opposite.  While I wouldn't go as far as say my style is modern, it is definitely way more contemporary.  I prefer clean lines and very little clutter.  However, while the past few years I preferred mostly neutral colors, I have started to get into bright bold colors as well.  And now that I am blessed with three boys, my love of the color pink has only catapulted ;-)

How awesome does pink look in these rooms?













1 comment:

  1. love how some of the PINK items and furniture are placed in the room! i cant wait for you to do breas room like one of these rooms! love the blog! keep up the good work! :) lori

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you! Please let me know what you are thinking.....