Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Counter Stools

Finding the right stool for your kitchen counter can be a difficult task.  When I was looking for my home, I either found ones that were too pricey, not very comfortable or just unattractive.  Of course, now that I already have stools, I seem to find new ones daily that I love.  I thought I would share some of my favorites with you....

The Church Stool from Gus has a very practical, clean design and comes in either oak or walnut with either slate or white powder coated frame. It is also priced very well at $500 for a set of two.








The Bertoia Barstool is a classic piece designed by Harry Bertoia made from industrial wire rods. The seat pad comes in a variety of colors but you can obviously also upholster it in any fabric you desire. It is certainly pricier than the Gus Church Stool but it is like comparing apples to oranges. Owning a Bertoia design is like owning a piece of art.



One of my new favorite stools is also a classic. The Cherner Barstool's molded plywood has such a sleek beautiful design that can truly adapt to any decor style.  


Another stool that has been around forever is the 1006 Navy Barstool.  This chair was designed by Emeco for the US Navy is beyond durable and quite comfortable.  


Like most classics, you can usually find a replica.  Check this stool out from Target.  I cannot imagine that it adheres to the same durability and quality code as Emeco.  However, it does seem to look the same for $540 less.



Loving the Reed Counter Stool from CB2. The zinc plated iron wires gives off an industrial feel, yet I can see this stool in a softer setting as well.  



Now, if you are really looking to save money, you cannot beat Ikea. I think these stools are adorable.  Only $49.99!


The Series 7 stool designed by the iconic Arne Jacobsen, is another classic that would work well in any space. It is produced in three finishes and comes in twelve colors.  I have seen kitchens that have this stool or chair and mix up the colors which is a fun look as well.


While I personally do not prefer backless stools, some people desire them for the ease of hopping on and off, as well as the fact that they are less obtrusive. If you are in the market for a backless stool, I highly recommend the Kartell Charles Ghost Stool. It also comes in so many fun colors and priced very reasonably.




Do you have any suggestions on great stools?  Please share!





3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Clear stool is not a good sign - ideally it will be medium to dark brown.

      Delete
  2. Clear stool is not a good sign - ideally it will be medium to dark brown.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you! Please let me know what you are thinking.....